RS Series Introduction:
The introduction of they RS Series index drive confirms Stelron’s continuing commitment to the design and manufacturing of automation components. These components are integrated into all types of high speed machinery. The new RS indexer has many improvements over older designs.
- Large tool steel cam – hardened and CNC ground
- Compact housing – machined on all six sides
- Universal mounting on any of the six sides
- Many standard sequences using MODIFIED SINE
- One piece crossed-roller bearing for support and resistance to combined thrust, radial and moment loading
- Standard accuracy of +/- .001 @ 6″ radius
- Fixed center distance from input to output
- Lowest profile housings
- Easy maintenance
Indexers similar to this have been available since the 1950’s. In that time these components have proven to be effective solutions in many applications. Reliable can driven indexers can operate at higher speeds than pneumatic and electronic indexing. These cam operated devices require much less maintenance than pneumatic drives, and they are only a fraction of the cost of electronic.
The Stelron RS indexer uses the same type design and incorporates the recent advancements in roller bearing technology. This new product uses a one piece crossed axis roller bearing. This bearing provides superior support and stability to the output shaft while maintaining the most compact design available today.
All four styles are pre-loaded to eliminate backlash. The barrel cam types (RS and conventional) have the preloaded manufactured cam. This provides for a FIXED center distance from input to output. The Globoidal type generates pre-load by moving the input shaft closer to the output shaft. This style must therefore have a variable center distance from input to output. This center distance can vary up to 1/32 of an inch.