MAD Series Introduction:
The Mad Chassis is Stelron’s latest rotary dial assembly machine. Similar to the well-known and trusted RAD Chassis, Stelron has further developed this technology to meet new industry requirements.
- Inboard and outboard stationary dial plates
- Inboard and outboard stations available
- Easy integration
- Custom machining to all plates at no extra cost
- Medical and clean room versions available
- Rugged, highly accurate, all rolling contact, MD Series Dial Indexer at the foundation of the chassis
- Integrally supported stationary dial plate ideal for mounting robotics
- Large center through-hole running pneumatic, hydraulic lines and electric wiring/cabling
- Available in three sizes
At the heart of the MAD Chassis is the MD Series Dial Indexer. With its low-profile design, it is ideal for mounting stations in and outboard of the dial plates, as well as for mounting robots in the center or overhead. The larger pitch diameter of the cam followers, makes this chassis the most accurate for large dial applications. The MAD Chassis is offered as asynchronous, completely programmable “servo-ready”, or synchronous with the dial and all cam-actuated stations driven from one motor and gear reducer. The versatility of this assembly chassis is unmatched by competitors.
Size & Range:
Depending on application requirements, the MAD Chassis can be built around any of the three sizes of MD Indexers. Up to twenty-four stations are available in a type one cam, and special indexing motion sequences are offered. Table and plate sizes are completely customizable and manufactured to meet customer specifications.
The MAD Chassis is similar in construction to the widely accepted Stelron RWB and PLC Chassis. The rugged one-piece design consists of precision machined bottom, top, stationary and rotating dial plates. These precision surfaces provide for the convenient mounting of customer tooling as well as the mounting of synchronized and non-synchronized ancillary components